Welcome to my OT blog!

Hi there! 

My name is Bethany and I am currently completing the second year of my occupational therapy master's program at the University of Southern California. I have created this blog in order to share my OT experiences, with two specific goals in mind. One, I distinctly remember searching up statistics on OT applicants, to compare and see if I even had a chance of getting into OT school. I remember getting discouraged when I would see applicants post on forums such as Student Doctor Network with 4.0 GPAs and 1000s of hours. I remember thinking to myself that I would probably have to apply for 5 years in a row in order to get into OT school because my stats were nowhere near theirs. So my first goal for this blog is to give a more realistic and informed perspective about getting into OT school. I will be sharing my own application experience, as well as my peer's and my professor's application experience. I will also be interviewing our USC admissions team about the application process. Through all of these, I hope to walk you through the application process and share helpful tips. I would also love to answer more specific questions if anyone wishes to comment on these posts!

My second goal for this blog is to share more about OT in general, as I personally wish I knew about OT earlier in my life. I didn't learn what OT was until junior year of college, and I think OT is still not known by many. I will be writing posts about what OT is, as well as reviewing popular movies and movies about disability through an OT lens, in order to bring greater understanding and awareness to OT. I am extremely excited to begin, and I hope that this blog is helpful to you somewhere along your OT journey, whether its learning more about OT or applying to OT school!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Application Experience

Interview with USC Admissions

Movies Through an OT Lens